Pack Out Simulator Course
Give your Company the Competitive Edge
Specifically Designed for Owners, Front-line Workers and Managers
The Total Contentz Pledge: We are committed to helping you improve your contents division’s capabilities, team performance and bottom line!
You will learn:
- Scheduling & Mobilizing teams – turn your staff into an assembly line of success!
- Streamlining processes on-site and in-house – faster, safer, less breakage (virtually none!)
- Estimating so fast it happens during a “walk-through” and so accurate it is virtually challenge proof!
- High tech – cutting edge techniques that will deliver as well as “old school” methods that have worked for over 25 years.
- Profitability – tactics to increase profitability on almost every job.
- More jobs – better pay
- Take Your Contents Division to the Next Level!
A cutting edge, hands-on training course covering “theory” in a working money-making contents processing facility, in a classroom, and at a specially created worksite.
Results driven strategies that get you more contents restoration work and generate high level satisfaction for your clients.
Mentoring and Cross Training – every member of your team can generate more income.
Increase profit—Decrease overhead and liability
ASK ABOUT OUR ABSOLUTE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE!
To make the course most beneficial we encourage you to bring along the following items:
- Your laptop with Xactimate installed.
- Contents estimates with photos and/or job costs from previous or current jobs for review and input
- Current Marketing pieces for your contents division
Instructors: Barb and Tim
Contents Processing and Pack Out Workshop
Total Contentz, the leading contents restoration training provider, is pleased to announce the 2017 edition of their IICRC certified training course, Contents Processing and Pack Outs. Intended for owners, managers, supervisors and top-level front line team members, each attendee is eligible for IICRC CE credits upon successful completion of the two-day course.
Practical Solutions for Your Success
Total Contentz provides practical, real-world solutions for the contents restoration company. Based on their 33 years of combined contents restoration experience and feedback from over 500 client companies, founders Tim and Barb Jackson, CR, among other trainers present targeted material designed to ensure your contents division’s success.
Elements of the Professional Pack Out
- Understanding the insured
- Dealing with difficult people
- Pack out pitfalls
- Control, consistency and care
- #1 Priority
- Goals of a contents division
- Customer etiquette
- The well planned facility
- Efficient work flow
- Well planned cleaning stations
- Storage vaults and rack systems
- Deodorization & drying chambers
- Specialty processing areas
- Commercial washers for soft goods
- Ultrasonic systems
- Creating an on-site pack out station
- Packing supplies
- Pre-cleaning supplies
- Employee protective equipment
- Crew responsibilities
- Initial walk through
- Digital Photo Inventory
- Processing the pack out
- Damage prevention
- Identifying already damaged items
- Packing guidelines for profitability
- The pre-estimate
- Avoiding red flags
- Time & Material vs box rate
- High value items
- Specialty service providers
- Writing the estimate
Job Planning Forms
- Dozens of customizable forms and letters
- Project management forms
- Checklists and procedures
- Contents handling forms
- Total Loss item forms
- Basics of Smoke Damage
- About fire and heat damage
- Chemical composition of smoke
- Types of soot residue
- Types of soot damage
Drying, Cleaning and Deodorizing Books and Documents
- Books, files, business records, photos and artwork
- Assess, test, plan and implement
- Insured’s considerations
- Intrinsic value
- Stabilize, dry, clean, disinfect and deodorize
- Freeze drying documents
- Smoke damaged documents
- Edge refinishing (books)
Handling Fine Art and Collectibles
- Information gathering
- Determining value
- Conservation benefits
- Is conservation viable?
- When to call a conservator
The Total Contentz Pledge:
The Contents Processing and Pack Out training program is not machine and vendor specific, and intended for those seeking to create or improve their contents processing division. We strive to provide our clients with the best advice possible and always disclose our affiliations with third party suppliers.